Business for Beginners: From Research and Business Plans to Money, Marketing and the Law (Quick Start Your Business)


I have read many books (a majority of them being grad school textbooks) that only talk about theories. Coming from a non-business background, this book is very basic, easy-to-understand, however very detailed and practical. Highly recommended to beginners!

I am taking Marketing and Management courses and I reserved this book from my schools library, to give me some inspiration and knowledge in writing my papers, but when I opened the cover of this book, I realized this is the perfect book for a business startup, whether it be a home-based business or whatever. What I like about this book is the fact that there are sections throughout the book that are tips and professional advice, notes, checklists, etc. and they are outlined in gray boxes. It really helps break up the information without it all running together. Makes for very easy reading on the eyes. I will be reading this book from cover to cover. If you have a desire to start your own business, but are unsure where to start, then this is the book for you. Excellent read!
By S. Seward

This book was very informational and is a personal guide that I can use for a long time. Frances address practically all the points necessary to start a business.
By AnilxVictor

This review is from: Business for Beginners: From Research and Business Plans to Money, Marketing and the Law (Quick Start Your Business) (Paperback)
This was one of the first business books I've read (2nd to be specific) and this was one of the most helpful. The only complaint I have which led me to rate this 4 stars and not 5 is because some chapters just hurl information at you too quickly. The law chapter I had to re-read because of all the important info it contained. Besides that everything was great, and even is helpful to those who know the basics. About 9 out of 10 businesses fail within the first 5 years (i think that's the statistic) but if all those people read this book I bet that figure would be dramatically altered. If you want to learn to start a business especially if it's from home this book is for you.
By
K. Varvaro "V" (CLIFTON, NJ, US)

This review is from: Business for Beginners: From Research and Business Plans to Money, Marketing and the Law (Quick Start Your Business) (Paperback)
Finally a book that sticks to its title. This book is an awsome start to knowing what goes into a small business and certainly brings out more information and details that will guide you to resourses that will better further your small business.
Well orgainized, not boring and inviting, Yes this very informative but simple layout helps me Understand the material and makes me feel ocnfident i'm learning what I need to know.
Thanks for the book and I will be sure to buy other books from the Series...

By
slickster (Delaware